What are Emerging Risks?
- New, previously unknown or known risks that are evolving in new ways
- Highly uncertain, as the body of established, widely available knowledge about these risks is weak
- Have potential for serious consequences for personal or organisational objectives
Here are some former emerging risks that have now become events to manage, as well as emerging risks on the brink of realization:
|The impact of AI
The nature of retail
Future of finance
Why should I attend?
What is not on your risk register or your horizon may have serious consequences for your company. Not surprisingly, companies are rapidly modernizing their capabilities to identify and monitor emerging risks, which can cause significant business disruption, financial loss and damage to corporate reputation.
Attend this 30-minute webinar on February 26th, 2020, and discover the 10 emerging risks you should look at now to prepare for and safeguard your organization. You will also learn how to:
- Monitor for emerging risks that may impact on your organization
- Proactively plan for global and regional emerging risks using scenarios
- Implement risk management best practices including an effective collaborative risk culture that connects risk, compliance and other functions
- Prepare your organization for climate change, digital threats, geo-political uncertainties, social-economic trends and artificial intelligence
- Turn emerging risks into business opportunities such as boosting product innovation, revenue generation and brand awareness
Dr Keith Smith CFIRM
With engineering, risk research and risk consultancy, Keith has rich background with innovative approaches to managing risk. A former Non Exec Director and Audit committee member of the IRM, Keith has also played a part in the development of risk management as a recognised profession. Currently, Keith is chair of the BSI Committee working on the new ISO31050 standard for emerging risk and a principal expert for the UK on the ISO JWG1 committee (emerging risk). As Lloyd’s of London Research and Development Manager, Keith oversaw the publication of over 22 Emerging Risk reports. In 2020 he has returned to risk consulting to help organisations develop robust and profitable approaches to the management of emerging risks and decision making.
26th February 2020 at 16:00 CET ¦¦ 15:00 GMT ¦¦ 10:00 EST ¦¦ 07:00 CST ¦¦ 05:00 PST
WebEx (details will be emailed to attendees before the event)
Who should attend?
This webinar will be of interest to business executives, investors, regulators and policymakers interested in the latest thinking on emerging risks.
If you work for an Insurance company, Law firm, Asset management firm, Bank, Pension fund, Compliance consultancy, Investment consultancy, Risk management consultancy or Regulator in any of these roles:
- Chief Risk Officers, Chief Compliance Officers / Head of Compliance, Chief Operating Officers
- Head of Legal Counsel, General Council
- Regulators, Heads of Regulation/Regulation Manager/Senior Regulation Manager
- People responsible for tracking emerging risks
We would love to see you.